Friday, June 1, 2012

Once Upon a Halloween- Illustrations in Progress!


Thought I'd post a sneak-peek of the first page for the special back-up story to be featured in the upcoming HALLOWEEN LEGION graphic novel. A little more rendering to go but here is a work in progress of my illustrating process.



It's an autobiographical tale of Martin Powell's first experience with Trick 'R Treating when he was six years old. Here I illustrate him (the kid in the  Frankenstein Monster mask) and his two older brothers Wayne and Rick.



From Sequential Pulp/Dark Horse Comics.
http://dletoillustrations.blogspot.com/

The Halloween Legion ™ Martin Powell. Artwork © Diana Leto

2 comments:

  1. You've somehow accessed a time machine, my dear. The house is uncannily like the one I grew up in, and I didn't even provide you with photo references! I actually teared up a bit when I first saw this. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That means so much! Of course, much of it comes from your inspirational story!

    ReplyDelete