Sunday, May 4, 2014

Good Girl / Bad Girl Art sketchbook study

I feel that it's important to exercise my painting skills every now and then with a fun and quick sketchbook entry. Getting away from the computer and working with traditional painting materials is something I enjoy doing in my spare time.

This week my exploration focused on Good Girl/Bad Girl pin up art. I used classic photography of Veronica Lake and Betty Page as reference. I painted in duotone colors to help emphasis the good girl/bad girl personality.


After doing a few Veronica Lakes and Betty Page studies, I experimented with some Japanese Sumi-E painting sketch paper. I still am getting used to its organic texture but after a few test runs I created these two mermaid pin-ups. I'm somewhat happy with the results but I will want to explore this more.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment